Watching Series: A Beneficial Activity, A Job For Some
Series are a passion for many of us. Being physically active is essential, but watching TV shows benefits too. In addition, for some, it is no longer just a hobby but a job. If the series is not part of your job, do not watch it in your workplace: there are obviously risks.
Getting paid to watch series: what a lot of binge watchers dream of
It is possible to watch series, and to get paid for it! In January 2019, an English streaming channel (NowTV) organized a contest on Instagram. What does the winner get? 40,000 euros per year (3000 € / month) for having watched all the series available on the platform.
Besides, watching series can even be a job. The Netflix company is hiring editorial analysts . Their knowledge of television, series and cinema must be very good. They must also be objective, fast, know how to work in a team… Their role is to look, research, evaluate, mark, write analyzes concerning the content of the platform. Their work therefore requires a lot of concentration, it is not a question of stupidly staring at the screen.
Watching series can be beneficial in professional life
Do not feel guilty when spending a long time in front of sets, because it has its advantages :
- When we immerse ourselves in the universe of a series, we forget our problems and we reduce our stress. We can take more perspective on certain things later.
- The series make memory work, because we do not see all the seasons in a row (in general), we must remember what happened in the episodes and seasons before.
- They create social ties, promote exchanges between colleagues.
- By dint of following different characters in series, we notice their character traits, their way of acting … Thus, we better analyze the behavior of people also in real life (a client, colleague, prospect …).
- Thanks to drama series (according to a study published in the journal Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts) , our emotional intelligence increases. More empathy, more understanding towards others.
Watching TV Shows at Work: What Are the Risks?
According to a study on Netflix, 37% of users admit to having already watched films or series at their workplace: these employees take risks. Indeed, Article L3121-1 of the Labor Code specifies that “the actual working time is the time during which the employee is available to the employer and complies with his directives without being able to freely go about personal occupations. “. Whether you use your personal equipment or that of the company , sanctions can be applied (warning, layoff, dismissal for serious misconduct).